We have policies in place to ensure compliance with Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 with respect to collection, use and disclosure of personal information
Collection of information
In order to provide veterinary care for your pet, we are required to collect personal information about you under the Veterinary Practice Act 2003.
That includes (but may not be limited to):
- Name, address, contact phone numbers and email address
- Pet ownership details (eg. if there is a co-owner who is entitled to make decisions regarding your pets treatment)
- Insurance company details (if applicable).
Use of information
We use this information to provide veterinary products and services to you and your pet. It may also be used for the purpose of direct marketing and reminding you if your pet is due for any particular service.
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your permission. Examples where it may be necessary for you to grant us consent includes:
- Where your pet is being referred to a specialist veterinarian for further treatment or you and your pet are moving to another veterinarian.
- Where you intend to make an insurance claim for services provided and the insurance company requires the information.
When you use maroubravet.com.au’s social media pages, you are using an external site and are therefore bound by the privacy principles of that site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of that site for further information. maroubravet.com.au does not endorse, and is not accountable for, any views expressed by third parties using that site.
maroubravet.com.au records all information posted to the maroubravet.com.au social media channels and uses that information for the purpose of administering the channels, for record keeping and for considering and/or addressing any comments made. No attempt will be made to further identify social media subscribers except where requested and authorised by law.
Sharing our content through social media